The first treatment to be given to a cholera patient is oral dehydration therapy (ORT).
ORT replaces lost salt and minerals due to vomiting and diarrhea.
Intravenous administration of fluids is required, to save the patients life in severe cases.
Drugs such as antibiotics example tetracycline and doxycycline can be used to treat cholera.
- Immunization of adults and children.
- Drinking of bottled or boiled water.
- Eating freshly prepared food that is properly cooked.
- Washing of hands after going to toilet.
- Washing of hands before preparing food.
- Washing of hands after preparing food and cooking
- Avoid eating of raw vegetables that have not been properly washed.
- Wash all fruits properly with salty water or vinegar before consumption.
- Use of cholera vaccine.
Always have in mind that cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Loading..........The Pen Vibes.